Winter Training Options (November 2018-February 2019)
RRHS Winter Speed Program
- Full Program Details-CLICK HERE
- 2 Sessions Per Week, Mondays/Wednesdays, 3:15 by the weight room
- ~30 minute workouts, great warm-up before lifting
- No jogging. No laps. Just short, fast sprints, drills, and bounds.
- Training emphasizes explosiveness and max recovery. We are building speed and legs, not lungs. Short sprints/flys timed each session and posted. See your results each week.
- All athletes not in a winter sport should plan to participate.
- No need to sign-up. Bring spikes if you have them.
RRHS Weight Room
- All students have access to the weight room and the strength and conditioning coach (Zeb) after school. If you are not currently in a winter sport, make plans to attend. It is not a huge time commitment and crucial for success in the spring. Some additional event-specific workouts will start in December. Talk to your event coach about details:
- Pole Vault-Lloyd
SDR Winter Speed Training
The SDR Pre-Season Speed Program is designed to help athletes develop speed endurance, strength, & good mechanics as they prepare for the upcoming track season. See the link below for more information. Details for the 2018-2019 program will be posted once they are received from See Dick Run.
Winter Running Program for Distance Runners/Cross Country Team
Athletes not in a winter sport will meet regularly all winter to lift and run. This is crucial preparation for the upcoming track season. All distance athletes are strongly encouraged to attend, regardless of current fitness level. Workouts and mileage will be adjusted to the athlete’s current level.
–Talk to Coach Dafoe or Coach Bakke for meeting times
Concordia College Winter Camps
Workout Wednesdays: November 2018-February 2019 (track events only)
Saturday Camps: December 2018-February 2019 (all events)
MSUM Track and Field Camp
Track and Field camp on December 9th at Minnesota State University Moorhead.
NDSU Track and Field Camps
Details will be posted on the NDSU website once camp dates are finalized.
Summer Options (June 2018-August 2018)
Ragnarök Athletic Club
This is the only USA Track and Field (USATF) sanctioned club in Grand Forks and is for athletes who want to continue working on track and field skills/events through the summer. There is also a series of meets for interested participants. Younger siblings are also welcome to join. Many of our top athletes earned their trip to State by working tirelessly over the summer See the attached flyer for info on summer training in technical events, as well as track meets throughout the area. Visit the club website below for specific details.
Summer Strength and Conditioning Program
There are many ways to get better in the off-season. One of the best things to do is working out with your teammates and classmates, right here at school. Many of the athletes at RRHS have previously participated in the Summer Strength Program. This is easily the best value in town for building overall athletic development.
Summer Running Program for Distance Runners/Cross Country Team
The team meets Monday-Saturday, all summer. This is crucial preparation for the upcoming season. All athletes are strongly encouraged to attend, regardless of current fitness level. Workouts and mileage will be adjusted to the athlete’s current level.
See Dick Run Elite Mile
Monday, June 11th-We hope to have as many of you there as possible to watch this great event. Some of best milers in ND will duke it out to see if they can take down the Cushman Field Stadium Record in the mile.