- This event has passed.
Fargo Public Schools XC Kick Off-XC
August 22, 2020
Cross Country races this season will have a maximum of four teams at a time. Teams will run in shifts. For this particular meet, we are in Group 3, which does not start until 5:30 PM. Take note of the start times below for each gender/division. Talk to your coach about which race you will be in.
**Athletes and parents, please read the COVID-19 Safety Guidelines below.**
If you would like to drive your child, you must fill out this form 48 hours prior to departure. This will continue all season.
GIRLS will leave from RRHS at 2:00 PM.
BOYS will leave from RRHS at 3:30 PM.
|V- Girls||5000 m||Red River, South, Valley||4:30 PM|
|JV1- Girls||4000 m||Red River, South, Valley||5:00 PM|
|JV2- Girls||4000 m||Red River, South, Valley||5:30 PM|
|V- Boys||5000 m||Red River, South, Valley||6:00 PM|
|JV1- Boys||4000 m||Red River, South, Valley||6:30 PM|
|JV2- Boys||4000 m||Red River, South, Valley||7:00 PM|
Mickelson Field- 901 Oak Street N, Fargo, ND 58102
The starting line is located on the north side of Mickelson Park, just south of Jack
Williams Stadium. The course will proceed east through the campus of Oak
Grove and continue into Oak Grove Park. The course has some steep hills, long
straightaways, and several turns.
Top 5 runners from each team will be scored. Ghost runners will be used if needed. Live results for each group will be available. Results for all groups combined will be provided after the last race. Chip timing will be used along with bib numbers.
**COVID-19 Safety Guidelines**
1. Be certain that everyone on your team is feeling well and healthy that day.
2. Make it clear to parents and fans to only come to the meet if they are feeling well and
3. Limit the number of fans and parents to 2 per athlete.
4. Team camps will be well spread out among the park. Each team will have a designated
5. Teams must provide their own water to their athletes.
6. Awards will be placed in a plastic bag by sanitized hands. These bags will be given to
7. Races will be limited to 4 teams and 40 athletes.
8. Masks need to be worn to the restrooms.
9. Each team will arrive an hour before the start of their race and they will leave after their
10. Proper social distancing and sanitizing will be practiced by officials and timers.